|Find in this manual|
Welcome to the user manual for Out of the Park Baseball 19.
Out of the Park Baseball is back with OOTP19, the latest version of the best baseball strategy game ever made!
What's New in OOTP19
New 3D Players, Ballparks and Game Screen
OOTP's 3D features have taken a big leap in OOTP 19. In addition to greatly improved 3D stadiums, the game features more advanced player models and improved on-field movements for an even better view of the action. Players now run, slide, jump, and throw, and they take more realistic routes to batted balls.
In addition, a reworked in-game screen enhances that "you are there" feeling for a better experience, whether you’re actively managing your team or watching the action play out.
2018 Opening Day Rosters
Can the Houston Astros repeat as World Series champs or can the Los Angeles Dodgers make another run at the title? You can answer all those questions and more in OOTP 19.
Our brand new 2018 roster sets include all Opening Day MLB rosters, as well as the complete minor league system down to rookie leagues, including independent leagues. All major league (and over a thousand minor league) player ratings are based on Dan Szymborski's popular ZiPS player projection system. The remaining minor league players are carefully rated by hand by our established research team.
Will Jose Altuve have another historic season? How will the New York Yankees’ slugging lineup, led by reigning NL MVP Giancarlo Stanton, perform? Will Max Scherzer win his 3rd Cy Young Award in a row? Can Evan Longoria regain his old form and make the San Francisco Giants a contender? Will the Nolan Arenado-led Colorado Rockies improve on their 2017 Wild Card berth? It's an exciting 2018 MLB season ahead!
In addition, 8 international leagues (Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Australia, Italy, The Netherlands, Mexico and Cuba) and several international independent leagues return to OOTP 19 with accurate and projected 2018 rosters.
New Scouting System & Updated Scouting Reports
Scouting Reports have been completely rewritten, giving you a more detailed look at your players, with a focus on the most important aspects that you care about. Your scouts deliver information in clear and targeted ways customized to your desire.
Ultra-Realistic AI & Ratings
The AI manages rosters and makes in-game decisions better than ever, based on the latest trends in the sport, including double switches, starter and closer usage in the playoffs, trades and much more. It can also now handle unique players, such as those with excellent hitting and pitching abilities. Shohei Otani, anyone?
In addition, the under-the-hood ratings module has been reworked to offer a more realistic and consistent view of players in the league.
New Tournament Modes
Tournaments have been enhanced with two exciting new features: the ability create a standalone tournament bracket, plus the option to draw any teams in history into a tournament. The possibilities are endless! You can also create a special league with games manually scheduled through the regular season - modeling European football with multiple competitions and trophies within a calendar year.
User Voting for End-of-Season Awards
You can now cast a full ballot for all the end-of-season awards, including MVP, the top pitcher and hitter, and other awards. Improved decision-making by the AI can lead to some close races for awards.
We have completely redesigned the interface and switched to a dark color scheme for the default skin. But no worries, we also have a light and a classic skin available. And on top of that, we added the option to select between six different fonts, so you can easily adjust the game interface to match your personal taste.
And Much More!
Every year we offer many smaller features, and OOTP 19 is no exception. It includes:
- 800 new custom team logos for fictional leagues
- Improved Manager Home screen, with a more customizable layout and new widget options
- A new stat - RA9-WAR (WAR based on runs allowed) - for pitchers
- Delayed substitutions for injured players, so, for example, you won’t have to replace your injured pitcher right away if your team is going to bat
- Added the Pacific Association independent league
- Can now set a league/tournament with schedule length of 0 to create a quick custom playoff-only bracket
- Added the option to lock the league total stats (historical leagues) while keeping league total modifier recalculation active. This enables users to have a static stats enviroment.
- Added Arm Slot, an arm angle description for pitchers
- Historical leagues now support minor leagues and roster limits when playing with real life MLB transactions & lineups
- Added L/R split stats to historical leagues. These are used for player ratings calculations and can also be displayed in the career stats.
- Improved historical simulation accuracy
- Improved defensive ratings in historical leagues
- Added 1908 & 1909 as-played lineups to historical league database
- More accurate and realistic 19th century historical league and team database
- Added accurate single game records to historical database and default MLB games.
- Added the option to choose between Opening Day and End of Season rosters in the historical exhibition mode
- Improved draft pick trading AI
- Added an "Extremely Low" injury frequency setting
- Added playoff history to league history page
- Player creation can now be skipped when adding a league to a world already in progress
- The middle mouse button now acts as a "page back" button
- The cursor keys up / down now let you scroll through player lists while viewing a player profile
- Added speed factor 1000 to real time simulation speed selection
OOTP has an amazing number of options designed to allow you to create your ideal baseball simulation. This in-depth manual will walk you through OOTP in all of its glory!
There is a search function in the top right to search by keyword.
We hope you enjoy OOTP as much as we enjoyed making it for you!